This is another of my quick lunches that I dished out while trying to entertain my toddler. This is very easy and very quick to assemble with a bit of planning ahead for the thawing, of course! I came to this idea while looking in my fridge and freezer on what I have on hand. And I love pies. Although that doesn’t mean I’m good at making them but I’m learning something new everyday…
And of course, thank you very much for the invention of ready made puff pastry!
For the fish pot pie (Makes 2 ramekins):
1 fillet of any white fish (about 110g), thawed – Use more if you like
1 cup of chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup of cheese of your choice, (grana padano, parmesan etc)
Juice of half a lemon
Seasoning to taste (Salt and pepper)
Frozen puff pastry, prepare per direction on packaging (Try to buy puff pastry sheets that you do not need to roll out)
For the cheese sticks:
Puff pastry, cut to strips
Pizza herb mix or herb mix of your choice
1 baking tray with baking paper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Cut the thawed fish into cubes. Squeeze water from spinach either using a sieve and a spoon or your bare hands. Divide fish, spinach and cheese between two ramekins.
2. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice. Stir the contents of the ramekins to get the seasoning and lemon juice incorporated.
3. Cut puff pastry to required size so that you have a lid to put over each of the ramekins. Use a sharp knife and cut using clean cuts. Do not saw. Cover ramekins and use fingers to press down the pastry to the side of the ramekins to seal.
4. For the cheese sticks, cut the remainder of the puff pastry into strips. Transfer them to a baking tray that is prelined with baking paper. Sprinkle pizza herbs and cheese over. Place ramekins on to the baking tray, if there is still space.
5. Put both pot pie and cheesy sticks in oven to bake for 20 mins or till the pastries are all puffed up and golden. Remove from oven and serve.
Happy puffing 🙂