I got myself a new pan! The Gugelhupf pan is the local bundt pan here. You can buy it everywhere and anywhere and the pattern outcome is the same. Classic. One can still find bundt pans of different designs here. It just costs more and are harder to come by in the shops. I had used my standard go-to banana cake recipe and added chocolate chips and chia seeds to it for a bit of the extras.
This recipe yields approximately 8 cups of batter.
2.5 cups flour, sifted
4 large eggs
1.5-2 cups sugar (to your preference, I used 1.5 cups)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
6 medium bananas
226g butter, room temperature
100g chocolate chips
3 tsp chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celcius. Grease cake pan. Make sure all corners and edges are greased.
2. Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy. Peel and mash bananas and add in. Mix well.
3. Add in eggs, one by one, beating after each addition till incorporated before the next egg is added in.
4. In 2 additions, add in flour, baking powder and salt. Beat well after each addition.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and chia seeds. Alternatively, mix in using lowest speed of mixer till well incorporated.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 10 mins before turning it down to 170 degrees Celcius for 50 mins or till inserted skewer comes out clean. If at any point the top is looking darkened, cover with foil and continue baking. Once done, remove from oven and let rest for 5 mins before inverting onto cooling rack to cool completely.