My not yet 2 year old baked this! With my (a lot) of my help, of course. We are not vegans, and, most likely will remain status quo. However, I am really appreciative of those who are and those who came up with such a wonderful recipe.
Two events happened that led us to the path of egglessness that day. One was there was simply no eggs at home. Second one was it was a gloomy day and we wanted to do something indoors. The end result was the most unbelievable fluffy, moist and delectable muffins that was all cleared out by the end of the day.
This recipe is adapted from the Joy of Vegan Baking, shared at Eggless Cooking.
Makes 8 regular sized muffins
1 cup plain flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Zest of a lemon
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk of your choice
1/6 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups blueberries
Coarse brown sprinkling sugar
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celcius or 374 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper muffin/cupcake cups.
2. Combine ingredients from starting from flour to lemon zest in a bowl.
3. Combine ingredients from sugar to apple cider vinegar in a bigger bowl. Whisk in the ingredients from step 2. Mix until just combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula or a regular spoon, fold in the blueberries.
5. Fill up the cups to 3/4 full. Sprinkle some coarse sugar granules on top of each cup of batter to ensure a crunchy crust.
6. Put in oven and bake for 5 minutes before turning down the heat to 180 degrees Celcius or 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Continue baking for 10-15 minutes till golden brown and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
These are amazing. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!